Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mounting small collages


Oriental Expressions I and II

Since these collages are small, I decided to mount them on gallery wrapped canvas. The black background sets off the collages, I think. I used soft acrylic gel medium coated evenly on the back of the collage so that it would adhere to the canvas. I used a brayer to make sure they were firmly attached and the excess gel was removed with a baby wipe. Then I turned them over on a non stick surface and pressed them down with books. After drying everything was coated with UV varnish. The collages are 4 X 4 and the finished piece is 6 X 6, ready to enter into the next art show.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, I love these and how you mounted them... Perfect. !
    As for your comment on my Journey blog.
    That butterfly WAS my guardian angel. That was my exact thought when it happened.
    I knew someone was watching over me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers