Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Scandinavian Horses

Scandinavian Horses 
Collage 10 X 10

This is a collage I worked on during a collage class I was teaching in February. For the final session the class was to start a larger piece than they had been working on. We started with a 12 X 12 piece of 140# watercolor paper which was taped to either 10 X 10 or 8 X 8. They were to either start completely new or use a small collage that they had done earlier to give them an idea of where to start. By this time they all had made various papers which were coated front and back with gloss medium so that their finished arrangement could be fused together with a hot iron. The class went so quickly, I wish I had taken pictures of some of the collages that were started. 
My collage stemmed from a kitchen towel that my daughter gave me. I copied the appliqued horses on my copier and cut them out for the collage. The rest of the collage was from my memories of our trips to Norway and Sweden. I'm thinking of adding a waterfall, if I do, I'll post this collage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers