Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 30- I Made It!

Heron's Glen
Collage, 10 X 10

Day 30 has finally come and I can say that I have enjoyed the 30 in 30 Days Challenge. It has been frustrating and stressful at times but I was able to press through and get something finished. It wasn't always my best work but I don't think it was ever meant to be that. To me the idea was to get into the studio and make art; stop procrastinating and get going. That I did. For my last piece I wanted something larger so I worked on this heron over a couple of days and finished it yesterday. It has a lot of things going on in it so I think it entertains the viewer. It's made with altered National Geographic pages, painted tissue, painted papers and manufactured papers. The heron started out as a hand cut stencil on a piece of altered N. G. paper, some of it was painted with acrylic some of it is collage. All of it was heat fused to watercolor paper and coated with acrylic gloss medium. To finish, it will be coated with UV varnish. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh good grief! You are so talented and daring !
    What a great piece to end with ... BTW my comment to you are still coming back to me but also with about 3 others.. I do think your getting them and I'm going to check on your previous post .. to make sure...
    You did it , Girl.. Be Proud.!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers