Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Alcohol Ink Cards

 Card 1, Moon Flower
4 X 5.5 on card stock



Card 2, Moon Flower
4 X 5.5 on card stock

Yesterday was my second class for alcohol inks. Instead of tiles we used it on Yupo, a non porous plastic "paper" and also tried a few other non porous surfaces. It was emphasized that we should try to stick to no more than 2 or 3 colors in order to avoid muddy colors especially if we were working on small surfaces. For these two cards I used slate, black and silver. There was so much silver on the first card that I made mono prints on two more cards. The slate and the black reacted to the blending medium and alcohol and separated into lovely blues and greens with black edges. I was really pleased with the results and mounted them on a light aqua card stock. I will post my other cards in a day or two.


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is like a white poppy... so very pretty. I admire that you are always learning something new... and look at how well this turned out..
    I've yet to even work on Yupo, . I stay with what I'm doing ... I suppose that's because I feel I still have so much to learn about traditional watercolor... and I thouroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers