Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 28--Shell Collector

Shell Collector
Watercolor, 7.5 X 11

This is a common sight on our beaches which are full of sea shells. The shells are so pretty and unique it's hard not to get involved with searching for the perfect specimen. Even when you've been here a long time like I have they are hard to resist. It's always amazing how many varieties, colors and sizes there are. Our Creator's imagination far surpasses mine. After a couple dozen I think I would have said, "That's enough." and quit. 
I enjoyed this picture for the light and shadows, and the shoreline. I had some fun with iridescent medium in the water which does not show up in the reproduction. 
Only 2 days left in the 30 Days Challenge and I actually have a couple of left over collages. When I do them, I do several at a time and pick out the ones that interest me the most. So, we'll be back to collage tomorrow. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, it's called the Sanibel Stoop. This is lovely Jan... so glad to see you've done a watercolor. So we're almost at the end... NOW! what the heck are we going to do with 30 new paintings? As if I didn't have enough. LOL !!

    ReplyDelete

Followers